The culture of China is special in many ways:
- China has a great range of native food styles: From very spicy to very bland, sweet to sour, dry to soup-based, with just about every edible plant and animal served somewhere.
- China has the only surviving pictographic writing system, and the world’s most-spoken and most-difficult-to-learn first language.
- China shows a huge depth of culture developed in a long and relatively isolated history: Confucianism and other philosophy, Taoism, tea culture, martial arts, poetry, calligraphy, the imperial legacy, traditional dresses and minority traditions, ancestor worship, the animal zodiac, etc..
- In China can be found the widest variety of commonly held belief systems on the planet: from capitalist to communist to spiritual, from atheist to ancestor worship to Buddhist to Muslim to Christian.
The social behavior in China:
- Humility is very important
- Questions and requests should be formulated indirect
- An invitation should be returned
- Conflicts should be discussed without offend sensibilities